Vulnerable populations at risk for severe COVID-19:
Certain populations are at greater risk of progressing to severe disease and warrant more significant consideration for prophylaxis or treatment.
- Patients who are older (≥65 years), have comorbidities, or are immunocompromised are at higher risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
- When necessary, providers should prioritize treating patients at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19 illness, including older and immunocompromised individuals and those with clinical risk factors.
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- State of Florida Deploys Tools to Address Overdose Crisis
- Lieutenant Governor Jeanette Nuñez Joins Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo to Highlight National HIV Testing Day
- Treatment Locator
- Provider Alert Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccines
- Governor Desantis Freedom First Budget Signing Ensures a Healthier Future for Floridians
- DOH Leon Observes National Health Center Week
- DOH Leon Recognizes National Children's Eye Health and Safety Month
- DOH Leon Confirms First Case of Monkeypox in Leon County Resident
- Health Officials Issue Blue-Green Algae Bloom Health Alert for Lake Kinsale
- DOH Leon Recognizes National Immunization Awareness Month
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals