It's a New Day in Public Health.
The Florida Department of Health works to protect, promote & improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county & community efforts.
Communicable Disease - Epidemiology
Florida Department of Health in Leon County Epidemiology
2965 Municipal Way
Tallahassee, Florida 32304
The Division of Epidemiology protects the health of Leon County residents from infectious diseases through surveillance, prevention and education. We are responsible for collecting data and managing cases of diseases and conditions that are required by Florida statutes to be reported by physicians and laboratories. Our goals include identifying the burden of disease within our community, educating the public and using collected data in determining public health priorities.
- Work with community health care partners, providers and facilities to identify, investigate and contain disease clusters and outbreaks to prevent further spread of disease
- Serve as a point of contact for health care providers regarding diseases and conditions of public health interest
- Provide education and training for our local community
- Physician and nurse case management of active TB clients and their contacts
- Directly observed medication administration, monitoring of patient adherence and assuring the completion of treatment for active TB cases
- Identify, screen and treat those infected with the tuberculosis bacteria
- Testing and treatment consultation for medical providers
Latest Table of Reportable Diseases/Conditions (Leon County)
Connect with DOH